Monday, June 21, 2010
I had the opportunity to try Pure Bars a few months ago and I’ll admit that I’m now a Pure Bar addict!
The Facts About Pure Bars:
- USDA certified organic – All ingredients are free of pesticides and herbicides
- Raw – Made with cold-processed fruits and nuts, which retains most of their antioxidant content, vitamins and minerals.
- Dairy free
- Certified gluten free
- No refined sugar or preservatives
- 4-5 grams of organic fiber
- 6-7 grams of organic protein
- 1 ½ servings of fruit
- 400 mg Omega-3 - Omega-3 fatty acids may help prevent blood clots that can cause heart attack and stroke
- GMO free
The Pure Bar was created by Veronica Bosgraaf for vegetarians. (For everyone else too!) It took her a few hundred hours in the kitchen to concoct the Pure bar. She wanted to use only organic and whole ingredients. Vernoica achieved her goal because Pure bars are pure and delicious!
The 6 Flavors:
Apple Cinnamon – Tastes like apple pie! Yum!
Chocolate Brownie – Rich and decadent. You won’t believe it’s healthy!
Trail Mix - Nutty and full of fruit with a little chocolate
Cherry Cashew – Tart, sweet and decadent. One of my favorites!
Cranberry Orange – Tart cranberries with a nutty and citrus flair
Wild Blueberry – Wild Oregon Blueberries make it taste fresh and satisfying!
The bars taste purely decadent! All 6 flavors are naturally sweet, moist and have a satisfying crunchiness due to the natural nuts. I really enjoy the overall texture of the bars. The bars are sweetened with Agave nectar. Agave nectar is the sweet sap from succulent plants. Agave is low on the glycemic index, which means it won’t raise blood sugar as fast as regular sugar. I haven’t come across any clinical studies as to agave’s safety in Diabetes.
Pure Bars are a great snack that will keep you full and energized. I recommend them!
Pure Bar Store Locator
Posted by Dina at 2:42 PM